We collaborate and partner with organizations whose missions and values align with our own to increase impact and reach.
Previous Partnership Events
Poster Symposium with Yale Center for Climate Change and Health
Journal Club with Healthcare Without Harm
Continuing Climate Advocacy in Residency Panel with Physicians in Training for a Sustainable Future
How to become an MS4SF Partner
Partners of MS4SF are health and science organizations that are aligned with our mission statement and principles regarding the health threats of climate change and the health benefits of solutions.
- If you are interested in partnering with MS4SF, please email us.
- If you’re an international student or organization, we’d love to hear from you!
- Want to promote an event through MS4SF? Email us or fill out this form!
Chapters and Affiliates
If you are passionate about climate change & medicine or active in an existing climate and sustainability group at your medical school and would like to become an MS4SF Communications Representative for your medical school or group, please complete this form!
If you are a medical student interested in starting a Medical Students for a Sustainable Future (MS4SF) chapter at your school or connecting your existing organization with the MS4SF coalition, you have the following options:
- Form an MS4SF Chapter at your institution or transform your current organization into an MS4SF Chapter
- Join the MS4SF coalition as an Affiliate
Please note that Chapters and Affiliates are provided with the same level of support and the difference is nominal only. In order to join as a Chapter or an Affiliate, please complete the following steps:
- Review the MS4SF mission statement and MS4SF principles to determine whether your organization aligns with and will be able to uphold our mission statement and principles.
- Review the MS4SF chapter & affiliate guidelines to make sure you are able to abide by our guidelines.
- Complete our Chapter & Affiliate Form to join the coalition.
Current MS4SF Chapters and Affiliates
- Brown University
- Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- CUNY School of Medicine
- Duke University School of Medicine
- FIU Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine
- Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Harvard Medical School
- Indiana University School of Medicine
- Joint Medical Program between UC Berkeley and UCSF School of Medicine
- Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Tufts School of Medicine
- UNC School of Medicine
- University of Alabama School of Medicine
- University of Connecticut
- University of Utah School of Medicine
- University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- University of New Mexico School of Medicine
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
- University of Hawai’i John A. Burns School of Medicine
Events from 2020
- Clinical Practice and Climate Change Physician Panel at MS4SF at Netter
- Voting for Change: The Climate Crisis
- Discussing Health Effects of Climate Change with Tory Ruttenberg
- Trash Pickup
- Environmental Health and Justice Speaker Series
- Climate Change and its Health Impacts
- Election 2020: Environmental Edition
- Journal Club (documentary)
- Sustainability at UConn Health organization meetings
- Tufts MS4SF 2021 Speaker Series Interest Group Info Session
- Curriculum Modification Initiative
- Completion of Planetary Health Report Card
- If you are interested in becoming a mentor to members of Medical Students for a Sustainable Future, please complete our mentor sign-up form.
- If you are a pre-medical student who wants to receive mentorship from one of our members, please complete our mentee sign-up form.
Helena Randle, MS2
Albany Medical College
Helena Randle is a second-year medical student at Albany Medical College. After graduating from University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2016 with a Bachelor of Science in Biology, she worked in Boston doing breast cancer research and scribing in an infectious disease and wound clinic. Having witnessed the enormous amount of waste in the research and healthcare sectors, as well as the adverse health impacts of the climate crisis, she is motivated to help bring about positive change. She is excited to work with MS4SF to encourage conversations and action on climate, promote sustainability, and increase climate engagement in the healthcare sector.
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences